We had great turnout for the Dirty Helen Paper Company field trip. Ashley Bauer was a very gracious host. She introduced us to the history of her family owned company and showed us all the capabilities in the printing process. Everything from color laser printing, letterpress and gold foil embossing. She is very open to any of our members calling her to explore the printing of calligraphic artwork. If you’ve ever thought about having a piece of your calligraphy printed, give her a call. Even if you can’t scan it yourself, she will be happy to scan your art and talk to you about printing.
We have an exciting spring planned and hope you can join us for some of the meetings. See below for more details.
- Artiscape will be held April 27-30 and registration opens January 23. Member Jacqueline Sullivan will be teaching a few classes, as well as Carol Kimball from the Columbus Guild. The following link will take you to their home page: http://www.createncraft.com/artiscape-theme-2017/
- The Cincinnati Book Arts Society (CBAS) has a couple of events of interest. A free exhibit at the Cincinnati Nature Center, delivery of art is February 4. In conjunction with Cincinnati Art Museum they will be presenting a Shifu Workshop on March 4. Class size is limited. See their link for more information: http://cincinnatibookarts.org/?page_id=272
- Member Jacqueline Sullivan is offering 2 workshops. Transparent Collage will have three sessions – February 9th, 16th, and 23rd from 11AM-2PM, at Plaza Art Store in Kenwood. She is also offering an online workshop, Totally Transfers. For more information please follow this link to her in tire list of workshops: http://blog.jacquelinesullivan.com/workshops/
- Feb. 18: Capitalizing on the Batarde with Karen McMannon
- March 18: The Pointed Brush goes Bananas with Ann Bain, this meeting will be a little longer than usual, 9:30AM to 12:30-1PM
- April 15: A visit with a graffiti artist
- May 20: The Wonderful World of Gelli Plate Printing with Patty Bertsch and Jo Diamantes
- TBD: A visit to the American Sign Museum, more on this later
- All meetings are held at 10AM on the lower level of the Evendale Cultural Arts Center, 10500 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241, unless otherwise noted. The entrance into the Center is only accessible by going north on Reading Rd.
And as always, The Greater Cincinnati Calligrapher’s Guild is open to anyone with an interest in the lettering arts.